As of the creation of this blog:
- Kim Jong Un has called for the arrest and execution of his uncle-in-law, Jang Song Taek, on charges of capitalist excesses and treason (Dec. 12).
- Jong Un has also executed Hyon Song Wol (ex-girlfriend) and several members of Unhasu Orchestra for slandering the reputation of his wife, Ri Sol Ju, and allegedly possessing Bibles (Aug. 29).
- A memorial service has been held for Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il on the second anniversary of Jong-Il’s death (Dec. 17).
- North Korea has issued pamphlets threatening the residents of Baekryeongdo, South Korea’s northernmost island (Dec. 16).
- Dennis Rodman is preparing for his third trip to North Korea, to unite the world through the universal language of basketball.
I’ve been following news and commentary on North Korea for several months and overwhelming my acquaintances with updates on this topic, for which they may not share my passion. Now it seems best to me to collect my thoughts and write about them at length in a dedicated blog.